Daily Bonus Logic

Started by
9 comments, last by 1024 5 years ago

Hi!

I have a doubt regarding the Daily Bonus.

Let's say 7 days. Player receives Daily Bonus in Day#1, Day#2, Misses Day#3, Plays on Day#4, and so on. What happens when the player misses a day? Does the Daily Bonus reset back to day#1? or does the player miss the reward of the missed date and continue to receive the reward on the next day? Can you name me some games that have used a unique daily bonus logic?

Advertisement

Daily bonuses exist to make players open the game (and play it) every day. Because of that, bonuses increase with every consecutive day that the player opens the game: day2 bonus is greater than day1 bonus, day3 bonus is even greater and so on. As a punishment* for skipping a day, daily bonuses are reset back to day1. If you don't reset the bonuses, players will not have the incentive to come back every day.

*It's not really a punishment, it's a lower reward, but practically it's the same thing

It actually varies from game to game. Some games do reset your daily login bonus progress if you miss a day, but most that I've seen actually don't. A more common incentive to keep people logging in to have a specific set of login bonuses only available for a limited time.

A game I'm playing has a multi-day bonus, but today's the first time I was told I had achieved a whole two days running.  Usually, I play only every other day (because that's when my work schedule has me playing on the train), but this week I have meetings. Just saying, this game strictly adheres to consecutive day plays.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Most games reset you back to 0 if you skip a day. But that gives players with less time a feeling of disadvantage.

So here are some other approaches, I've encountered:

"Black Squad", for instance, gives you a daily bonus, regardless of whether or not you skipped a day. It will just cycle through a list of goodies.

"Warframe" is similar but has random rewards combined with milestones like "on your 50th day, you'll get that gun".

"Creativerse" will give you random rewards every 4 hours instead of every day.

Another, very common technique to consider would be the "daily mission" approach. It is somewhat similar but requires actual gameplay. These should be short and easy to do.

I think it was Need for Speed: World which had me coming back. (And I hated it - really felt addicted and I felt a bit dumb for doing it, even if the rest of the game was good)
One would need to do a daily task. I think it mostly involved driving around in an area of the city, to collect crystals floating over the street. Once 25 (?) had been collected, that was it for the day. A little one-time bonus, a "days-in-a-row" sort of bonus was also given.

But I was going for this, Audi Quattro I think it was, special car, that required me to do this for 150 days IIRC. On day 80-something, I went to on a long weekend trip and, yeah - bummer. ?

Some games dont reset, but just continue on. If you miss day 4 you get the day 4 bonus on day 5.

But later you might miss out on the day 7 bonus when it resets at end of week or day 30 bonus when it resets on end of month, cause of that.

For example - Castle Crush.

7 Days, every day from 1 to 6 you get some reward after doing some battles. In day 7 you get LEGENDARY card which is game changing cards.

Point is, if you miss atleast 1 day from 7day week, you continue getting daily rewards, but you cannot get LEGENDARY card at the week ends.

User interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it’s not that good.

Hi! 

Suppose there's only till Day 7 displayed. What happens after day 7? Will I get the same reward as rewarded on day 7 or after day 7, the day is reset to day 1? Does this make sense?

Thanks!

Some games continue giving the maximum reward and some reset the cycle. It depends on the type of rewards and how the game economy is set up.

For example:
If a game gives gold as rewards, and the rewards go "day 1: 100 gold, day 2: 200 gold, ... day 7: 700 gold", the game could continue to give 700 gold for next consecutive days.
If the game gives gold on day 1, some rare item at day 3 and an epic legendary item at day 7, such a game would probably reset to day 1 again, instead of giving legendary items every day.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement