Biome Blending for Voxel World

Started by
0 comments, last by ComputerCraft32 3 years, 10 months ago

Hi everyone!

Recently I've been generating a proceduraly generated terrain using OpenSimplex FastNoise. Everything has been going fine until I wanted to add biomes. If I have a mountain biome and then a flatlands biome, the difference is huge and looks like a chunk error. I am wondering how to solve this issue. Currently, my biomes are generated as such: on right click, I changed the chunk generator to a different one, thus meaning every chunk has one biome. Different chunk generators for biomes simply have different simplex attributes (octaves, ect) Does anyone know a way to implement “strength” and such for each chunk? Am I doing this all wrong? I've tried many things, such as a buffer terrain between the two (made no difference), multiplying the 3d simplex noise for terrain generation by a master simplex noise (made no difference as well), and increasing / decreasing octaves of the mountain terrain on key press (no difference still, as soon as I increased the octaves, the terrain randomly bursts up). I have some images detailing my dilemma. I have been searching the web for days but none of the other's solutions work for me! Thanks so much in advance for reading this.

On the left, the flatlands, on the mountains. On the flatlands the terrain went so low it went below waterlevel
On the left, are the mountains biome, on the right the flatlands

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement