Advertisement

VBorVC which is better?

Started by June 19, 2002 11:24 PM
2 comments, last by xinhr 22 years, 3 months ago
which is more efficient?
i''m fresh!!
In most cases, VC++ will be more efficient where speed of execution is concerned, as it will allow more low level control of the CPU. VB is more efficient where speed of creation is concerned, as it''s a higher level language with greater abstraction. In either case, with the proper libraries one can be made to act mostly like the other (although with different syntax and compilation).
Advertisement
Well put.

I might also add that you will probably be able to get up and running faster in VB. I will also say that this is not necessarily a good thing. Because often the underlying processes are hidden from you, you might not appreciate their complexity for a while. This may sound harmless, but the problem comes when you write something speed critical and you are constantly using a complex process thinking nothing of it, and in doing so, it is slowing down your program a lot.

In C++, you will know it is complex, because you wrote it yourself

The choice is yours. Although I have no evidence to back it up, I''m pretty sure that whether your start in C++ or VB, it doesn''t matter - if you are going to be a good programmer, you will be, if not, language is just something people blame/thank

Trying is the first step towards failure.
Trying is the first step towards failure.
thank everybody! i like program....!!
i''m fresh!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement