Advertisement

DirectX HELP ME !!!!!

Started by June 20, 2002 01:01 AM
11 comments, last by bosrudorfer 22 years, 2 months ago
Where do i find these files?: To compile and link a DirectDraw application, you need the DDRAW.DLL, DDRAW.H, and you need to create an import library from DDRAW.DLL with the IMPLIB.EXE utility
Well, hopefully you have downloaded the DirectX SDK. That is where all the files are in. If you are using Visual C++, then the directories should be set up, and if you wanted to manually find the files they would be in the DirectX SDK folder, where you told it to install. After all this is done, all you would have to do is link your project to the libary files and it is done.
So if you have not downloaded the SDK, thats where i would start.

Uhhhhh........ Forget the quantinum torpedoes! Full speed ahead!
Uhhhhh........ Forget the quantinum torpedoes! Full speed ahead!
Advertisement
It''s a big download though. 300 something mb. If you don''t have cable then you''ll need to get a friend with cable and a cd burner to download it then burn it to a disk for you.
HibikiWheres the any key?www.geocities.com/dragongames123/home.html
find your elementat mutedfaith.com.<º>
quote: Original post by bosrudorfer
Where do i find these files?:

To compile and link a DirectDraw application, you need the DDRAW.DLL, DDRAW.H, and you need to create an import library from DDRAW.DLL with the IMPLIB.EXE utility

Ok, I take it that you probably aren't using MSVC++ since you're talking about using IMPLIB. What compiler/IDE are you using( CodeWarrior, Borland compilers, etc ) ???

It would help us if we knew that info. As for the DX files, Click Here ( if I remember correctly. That should take you to Microsoft's DX site )...

"DaHjajmajQa'jajHeghmeH!"

Cyberdrek
danielc@iquebec.com
Founder
Laval Linux

/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash

[edited by - cyberdrek on June 20, 2002 10:13:06 PM]
[Cyberdrek | ]
quote: Original post by hibiki_konzaki
It''s a big download though. 300 something mb. If you don''t have cable then you''ll need to get a friend with cable and a cd burner to download it then burn it to a disk for you.

This is unrelated, and the comments above should have already helped you. The above suggestion is, in fact, illegal. You''ll never get busted for it of course; it''s jsut one of those hilarious things that MS has done ^_^
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
quote: Original post by Promit
Original post by hibiki_konzaki

This is unrelated, and the comments above should have already helped you. The above suggestion is, in fact, illegal. You''ll never get busted for it of course; it''s jsut one of those hilarious things that MS has done ^_^
In what way would that be illegal? Everyone may freely download and use the SDK, and store it on a CD. Then if you do this procedure at your own house, or borrow your friend''s cable and burner shouldn''t matter, right?
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Promit
"It''s a big download though. 300 something mb. If you don''t have cable then you''ll need to get a friend with cable and a cd burner to download it then burn it to a disk for you."

This is unrelated, and the comments above should have already helped you. The above suggestion is, in fact, illegal. You''ll never get busted for it of course; it''s jsut one of those hilarious things that MS has done

In what way would that be illegal? Everyone may freely download and use the SDK, and store it on a CD. Then if you do this procedure at your own house, or borrow your friend''s cable and burner shouldn''t matter, right?
Promit, while I do not doubt that what you say is true, I was just looking through the EULA for the DirectX8.1 SDK (which you have to agree to a EULA before you can download :O ) and I don''t see anything that would make me think it is illegal to download the SDK and burn a copy for someone else. What makes you think that it is illegal?
bugawk?
The EULA and other sources says that for any computer that the SDK was installed on, it had to be downloaded to that computer. That means if you want to install the SDK on someone elses computer, you have to download it on that computer!

Oh well, Microsoft really wouldn''t care, so no harm will come...
I need money...Will you give me money?Please!I need money...Will you give me money?......
I have Visual C++ & DirectX Already. I got it from andre LaMonte''s book.

Thanks for the answers, but i still have another question, how do i setup the directdraw screan?

Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement