Advertisement

Vocation question

Started by June 20, 2002 11:50 PM
2 comments, last by hfawns 22 years, 2 months ago
Dear all, I am currently going through a career change and I would really appreciate some suggestions as to the kinds of jobs that I should investigate. I have done some self-analysis and determined that my favourite areas of interest include physics, computers (low level and graphics progarmming) and movies. Can anyone suggest a way that I could combine these areas of interest into a single job or career? Alternatively, could anyone suggest someone I could talk to who might have some suggestions? Regards, Hamish
I think the answer you are looking for is "game design"
Advertisement
I think that with game design you don''t really consider 3D graphics. This is left to the programmers. It is true that game designers use some of the skills also found in movie production but not that many. I think that the cinematic effects that originate in film are often implemented by the programmers. Detailed physics is not often considered by game programmers (or game designers) so I could become a graphics programmer but then I don''t think I would have much of an opportunity to pursue my interest in physics.
Maybe I could become a simulation programmer. This might allow me to pursue my interest in physics and CG but what about film?
*sigh* What am I to do?

Become a simulation programmer, and while you program watch a few movies...
You might, however, make a movie of yourslef, programminng sumulations...
Or... Start a start-up company that deals with simulating an object''s movement, this object will be a camera...

That''s all I could think of... I don''t know much in this area, as you can see .
The Department of Next Life - Get your Next-Life Insurance here!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement