🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

ClanLib

Started by
3 comments, last by Strife 24 years, 3 months ago
How come there are all of these Allegro fooz here, but no one ever seems to even mention ClanLib? I personally think that CL is much better than Allegro for many reasons. The most important is that it''s more C++ based, but also that it is definately portable to both Windows and Linux (with BeOS support to resume as soon as the new free version of BeOS is released). Plus, at lease since when I was at one point going to use Allegro (before it apparently used DX and was just for DOS), its development seemed to be slow. I don''t know if that''s the case now, but with CL, it gets updated all the time. I remember just recently I downloaded and compiled version 0.4.0 (it took me almost half an hour ) and about an hour later, they announced the release of 0.4.1 (luckily, they made a binary version so if I wanted it I could get it w/o compiling). All right, that''s basically it. I just wanted to know if any other ClanLib people use Gamedev. If you code it, they will come... Commander M http://commanderm.8m.com cmndrm@commanderm.8m.com
Advertisement
Not all people are interested in C++ and being portable

/. Muzzafarath
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
CmndrM, if you think no one has been mentioning ClanLib, is would because you haven''t been on the boards long or haven''t been reading the posts carefully. I myself mention ClanLib about once a week.
not all people are interested in either library. I have used both. they are both fine. Allegro seems more like a library for beginners. I personally haven''t seen it mentioned much here.
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
Yeah, you''re right, Crane, but out of all the posts (and subjects) that I have seen, none of them mention ClanLib whereas quite a few are about Allegro. I realize that not everyone cares about either, I was just curious to as if anyone else has ever used CL (or at least likes it )

If you code it, they will come...

Commander M
http://commanderm.8m.com
cmndrm@commanderm.8m.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement