🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3D Concepts?!?

Started by
2 comments, last by Cloxs 24 years, 3 months ago
I REALLY want to get into 3D. I''ve written a couple of games in 2D, but I want to at least start learning the basics of 3D. So far I''ve started learning Direct3D from the SDK, but everywhere on this board I hear about BSP trees and Quarterions (spelled right?). Where do I learn about that kind of stuff. Thanks in advance - Cloxs "When people tell you they want to hear the truth, you know that their lying."
Advertisement
Try reading some books on Computer Graphics. I found a good one called ''Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice". It was really easy to read, has exercises etc.. and you can learn all about vectors, normals, matrices, perspective, projection and the like.

Some people recommend ''Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice'' by Foley etc..

There is an article about Quaternions at Gamasutra. Just follow the link from the Gamedev main page: Programming->3D and theory.

Feel free to e-mail me any basic 3D questions if you need help. Just don''t ask me anything difficult.

Paulcoz.
www.flipcode.com has alot of tutorials, they''ve got about 240 tutorials and I find them really useful.

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
Forget Direct3D!

Learn OpenGL!
The best book to do this is:
"OpenGL Programming Guide -
The Official Guide to Learning OpenGL"

At Rarebyte, we are programming a 3d shooter called Paradigm and we are using OpenGL.

News about our project at:
www.rarebyte.de.st

Charlie McSow /Paradigm Game Design

CharlieGame DesignerRarebytehttp://www.rarebyte.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement