Advertisement

WHAT DO I DO??

Started by July 07, 2002 08:50 PM
17 comments, last by scottdavis 22 years, 2 months ago
Use cd dirname to change your current directory. Use Z: to change your current drive. Use dir to list the files in the current directory. Use these to get to the "Bin" directory of the Borland compiler, and then type "bcc32 /?" (I think that''ll work).
quote: Original post by ZealousElixir
EDIT: Yeah, Indirect was right; Run->"command.com" should work on all Windows.

It''s horribly slow in Win2K though (at least, it is for me).

notice that you start in the c: or c:/windows folder...next type cd [put name of next folder closer to the one with your file here minus the brackets] and keep doing so until you get to the folder with your file in it. Then type "bcc32 nameofurfile.cpp" and the compiler will kick in. Read my previous post to get around doing this continually.

And the Phoenix shall rise from the ashes...

--Thunder_Hawk -- ¦þ
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
Advertisement
Ok, I''m goin to guess that you haven''t done this yet...to set your path (enable using bcc32 in a folder outside of the bin folder), press start, click on run, type "sysedit", go to autoexec.bat, skim down to where it says "PATH blah;blah;blah", add this to the end of that line ";C:\Borland\Bcc55;C:\Borland\Bcc55\Bin", click [file][save], and exit. If you don''t do that, the way I mentioned won''t work right (it''ll complain about not finding bcc32.exe)

--Thunder_Hawk -- ¦þ
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
ok ive made the BAT file called compile now what do I do.
Close notepad and doubleclick on compile.bat

--Thunder_Hawk -- ¦þ
it says bad command or file name
Advertisement
Sigh, if you only googled, you would have had the answer in less than a sec. Anyway, I did the work for you and found this nice tutorial on how to set up and compile with bcc.

linky

[edited by - fallenang3l on July 7, 2002 10:42:00 PM]
Read my post on setting the path (don''t worry you only need to do this one once) and you should be ready to go. I assumed you put everything in the default directory.

--Thunder_Hawk -- ¦þ
thanks everyone ive set the path thingy and it works now!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement