Advertisement

Sending Email from C++ Prog?

Started by July 10, 2002 10:20 PM
6 comments, last by brewknowc 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi, is there a way to send an email from a C++/win32 prog say when the user hits a button for instance? Thanks BC - Free Your Mind -
- Free Your Mind -
I have just one question...

1) Why?

Sincerely,
- Luc
Peace,Luc BooneTrans9 Studios
Advertisement
quote: Original post by T R i K s A N D
I have just one question...

1) Why?

Sincerely,
- Luc

Duh... of course he wants to do:
char *message;switch(rand()%5){case 0:    message = "Free XXX videos!"case 1:    message = "Secret to stocks!"case 2:    message = "Breast implants!"case 3:    message = "Tired of your job? Work from home!"case 4:    message = "Klez"}for(;{    SendEmail(&list,message);} 

Just kidding. Sorry, I got a little carried away there. I bet we just wants to do some fancy stuff that Microsoft always talks about with that .net stuff.

[email=dumass@poppet.com]dumass@poppet.com[/email]
I would attempt to do it using ShellExecute and a "mailto:" address, but then that''s me.

And the Phoenix shall rise from the ashes...

--Thunder_Hawk -- ¦þ
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
Winsock''s probably the easiest way to do it, if you want to be covert and not get any user input in the matter. Otherwise, ShellExecute+mailto sounds like an easy and effective method.

Later,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

hi, i''ve asked this before and someone shared to me this link, so am going to share it to yuo too,

http://win32programming.tripod.com/Win32tips06.html#4

http://www.dualforcesolutions.comProfessional website designs and development, customized business systems, etc.,
Advertisement
No, this is not for any covert operations or mass virus mailing program... I simply want the people that test my game to be able to mail a feedback form directly from the game. So is shellExecute a win32 command? Where can I find more info on this? Thanks

- Free Your Mind -
- Free Your Mind -
quote: Original post by brewknowc
No, this is not for any covert operations or mass virus mailing program... I simply want the people that test my game to be able to mail a feedback form directly from the game. So is shellExecute a win32 command? Where can I find more info on this? Thanks

- Free Your Mind -

Yes its a Win32 command, you can find information at MSDN. I might suggest this article, or use Google, to find articles likes this.

[edited by - michalson on July 13, 2002 10:21:06 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement