Advertisement

Access Violation

Started by July 21, 2002 07:39 PM
3 comments, last by Mosh 22 years, 1 month ago
I have a problem with my programs, every time I try to run one of them I get an access violation error message, saying this: "Unhandled exception in .exe (DDRAW.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access violation" I know its not my code because the programs that do it used to run fine. It started happening just after reinstalling my video drivers (i had to cuz my computer went messed up). The line of code that causes it is this: pD3D = Direct3DCreate8(D3D_SDK_VERSION); Can anyone help please?!
Life is all about expression, so express yourself.
Try downloading the new drivers from the website of the manufacturer of your card.

"Standard Advice"

-James
Advertisement
No, I did that and it didnt help, still keep gettin g the same stupid message box. I dont know what could be wrong? Anyone else got any ideas??!
Try reinstall DirectX (remove it first -> DirectX Buster)

But it seems strange to me, ddraw.dll access violation using D3D... Isn''t D3D8 stored in d3d8.dll??

Those who do not love don''t live.

[MSDN|Google|Bloodshed|My lousy page|email.me]
[My Lousy Page | Kings Of Chaos | Vampires | [email=lordlethis@hotmail.com]email.me[/email]]
But it seems strange to me, ddraw.dll access violation using D3D... Isn''t D3D8 stored in d3d8.dll??

Yeah, I thought that too! But what really got me confused was that all of my DirectDraw programs work fine??? Its just the D3D ones that don''t?

Anyway, I will try reinstalling DX and if that doesnt work, well I''ll smash my computer into tiny little pieces or something...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement