🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

EVOL-frignon-LUTION

Started by
1 comment, last by SPAR 24 years, 3 months ago
Is it just me, or does everyone else wanna program a 3-D enivronment where the vertexes and edges etc. of all of the creatures randomize their own code upon regeneration within the virtual 3-D environment, in relation to the virtual environment in which they exist? SPAR1
Advertisement
Whoah. Ya lost me. Anyways, I always wanted to have a game that builds the baddies using a genetic alogrithim and parts to put it together, but It''ll be awhile till I am that advanced.

--BugSquash
Taeloid!
NARF!
Basicly what I''m thinking about is you could model a 3-D "creature" so that each time it dies or the computer makes a new one it would actually randomize it''s own structure and behavior settings as well as reacting to the environment in which it lives.
If the randomized polygonial animals posessed a certain relation to their environment that gave certain animals advantages or disadvantages, or killed or nourished them, then in a way you could model organic evolution.
This is hard to explain

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement