🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Has anyone here worked at CompUSA?

Started by
8 comments, last by omegasyphon 24 years, 3 months ago
I''m trying to find a summer job right now, and CompUSA is a possibility if I don''t find anything else. I''d like to do something other than cashier or clerk, like help at the computer repair place they have (I''m not quite sure what they do). Anyways, I''m wondering if anyone has any idea about how much they pay.
Advertisement
Peanuts.
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.
The only thing good about working at a place like that (I worked at Best Buy) is the discount. Otherwise it totally sucks. But the discount is awesome, it kept me there for like a year and a half.

bcj
Try Staples. By the way, what do these big computer stores look for in terms of experience before hiring someone into their computer repair center?

Martin
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware
Experience?

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
Well, my friend worked there while i worked at Toys R Us, and he complained alot about a-hole managers and not being able to use his emplyee discount whenever he wanted. And there is little room for advancement, dont plan to do much more than cashiering unless they hire you as a repair guy at the beginning. Ugh--im never working retail again...and you wont either, after this summer .

I worked there for 3 years and it was not that bad. The employee discount was very good and the people (including the managers) were normal. As far as advancement, you have to jump around from department to department to get a "good" raise. Otherwise the raise is like .13 every 6 mounths (bleck!!). My major gripe is that it was retail. Who the hell ever like dealing with customers?

By the way I was a cashier and worked customer service.

Job description : Duct Tape
Job description : Duct Tape
I have a friend in Texas who''s working there now in their tech support dept. It starts at $11.50/hr, but you have acces to training for various certifications (such as A+, MCSE, etc...). You get a raise for each certification you get. He likes it so far. He''s doing it just for the training
Yeah, I''m looking for a job like that myself and want to get one at someplace like CompUSA or BestBuy or something (mainly for the discount so I can get my own computer). I live in the Columbus area, so there are quite a few places to choose from. Anyone have any suggestions?

If you code it, they will come...

Commander M
http://commanderm.8m.com
cmndrm@commanderm.8m.com
just curious how much of a discount do u get for working there? is it 10%?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement