🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

WGPFD, program 4.2, and visual C++ 6, oh my!

Started by
4 comments, last by Moe 24 years, 3 months ago
In WGPFD, i am having trouble getting program 4_2 to link properly. Everything seemed to compile fine. I am using Visual C++ 6. I get error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals as errors when i try to link. can someone help me here? BTW, please dont flame me. i just started using VC++ 6 2-3 days ago. - Moe -
Advertisement
aw, come on, there has to be somebody that knows the answer, or who can at least help me.

- Moe -
Well, by the error message, it looks like it is looking for a main() function. If you chose to create a win32 app, then it should not look for that.

Straightedge For Life
Instead of letting VC++ create a default project, create one yourself.
File->New
Project Tab
Win32 Application

That should do it.

Mike
"Unintentional death of one civilian by the US is a tragedy; intentional slaughter of a million by Saddam - a statistic." - Unknown
Sounds like you''re creating a Win32 Console App, that''s why it''s looking for a main function. Follow Vetinari''s advice and you should be okay.
i guess that i was letting vc++ make a project for me. i guess i will try making a blank new win32 app (not console).

thanks for the advice.

if (Moe==happy())
Moe++

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement