Advertisement

What are the advantages of Dev-C++ over VC++6

Started by August 23, 2002 06:27 AM
9 comments, last by Fucho 22 years ago
Here's what I want tu know: Why should I use Visual C++ over Dev C++? Is Dev-C++ not as full featured? Is Dev-C++ poor when it comes to writing Windows programs? Is it buggy using DirectX with Dev-C++??? Can you use the same libraries and such? What can't you do with Dev-C++ that you can do with Visual C++? [EDIT] Removed offensive language, gang land slang and general foolishness. Fucho, please reread the email I sent you. From some of your other posts I know that you are capable of writing posts in perfect in English, "rathur than yu ritin in dis fukd up shit". If you keep making these kinds of posts in my forum I will consider it trolling and start deleting them without mercy.
quote: Original English post by Fucho Yes Dev-C++ is what I use and I think it's the best one out there. Really great compiler and very compliant with the C++ standard, it also has really great IDE. FREE.
[edited by - michalson on August 23, 2002 7:37:35 AM] [edited by - michalson on August 23, 2002 7:41:02 AM]
i don''t trust people who speak retard
Advertisement
Dev-C++ is definetally a good compiler, don''t get me wrong, but Visual Studio is geared more towards a programming team, when integrated with Microsoft Visual Source Safe, you check your projects in and it tracks changes and revisions, and you can make sure no two ppl on a team are making incompatible changes. So in the work place Visual Studio is a very powerful tool, but at Home, there is no way in hell I would ever pay that kind of money for a compiler/IDE. For the size of my personal projects I am sticking to Dev-c++. And you can compile one file at a time with VC++ 6.0, the IDE just doesn''t like to let you.
billybob:

Oh yeah, and why not? After all, the only REAL way to not be able to trust some one is if you expect them to do something and then they let you down.

Or, you could think that you trust some one not, by seeing something in them that you DON'T want to see inside yourself, and you fear them.

I'm just asking some stupid questions about some development tools. If you don't want to answer them, be my guest, but please don't make a fit over text being displayed on a monitor.

[edited by - Fucho on August 23, 2002 7:45:06 AM]
i don't care, i think dev C++ is just as good as visual C++. i think most people here know that. all you did was translate it to retard. and you didn't ask a question. you just ranted in retard about hwo bad visual C++ was and how good dev C++ is. there was nothing to answer, just comment on your opinion. i don't think dev C++ is bad, but its what my dad brought home from the office one day, so thats what i use.

EDIT: NOW it asks a question, after it was edited. before it was y shud i rite a hole fukin prajekt wen i cen ues dev C++. Visual C++ suks dik ad i tink ti suk.

[edited by - billybob on August 23, 2002 8:01:32 AM]
All right, all right already. Why don''t we just forget about all that ranting stuff.

But... I still want to know if you can use all the same libraries and stuff with Dev-C++.

Michalson: I didn''t get an email from you...
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Fucho
Michalson: I didn't get an email from you...

It was sent on the 20th to the address in your profile: drewnate@hotmail.com. The address itself is certainly valid (when sending hotmail to hotmail you get instant feedback for invalid addresses), perhaps you just haven't checked that particular account.

[edited by - michalson on August 23, 2002 8:59:36 AM]
For some things (Direct X included) you will require a special package for Dev-C++. The packages are available at Bloodshed.

The hackers must have gotten into the system through the hyperlink!!

Invader''s Realm
can I use opengl libarys with dev-c++?
(just asking because I don''t see open gl lib-s in bloodshed)
Dev C++ just isn''t as nice of an IDE imho. In particular, the compiler error messages are hard to read. Plus, more people use Visual C++ therefore more source code is going to be geared for it (load the workspace and it compiles, as opposed to having worry about linking everything up properly in dev-c++).

I''d say Dev-C++ is a good solution if you don''t have the money to get at least VC++6. But if you do have the money, or you already have VC++6, I''d use it.
---DirectX gives me a headache.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement