🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Music for a Specific period in history

Started by
11 comments, last by Teamshibi 21 years, 10 months ago
You should check out the soundtrack to ''Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'' by Tan Dun for some good examples of asian/orchestral action music.
Advertisement
Sonic Lamb - You seem to know exactly what my problem is. As stated Shogun is traditional asian (though actually it was japaneese) and the music worked for a bit but really didnt work well. It did help with the ambience but that effect only works for so long. I dont know, I also like Lambs idea on trying to just combine rock and traditional asian and hope for the best... It sounds like it would potentially work and I really think it would work for an intense fighting game... Thank you for your suggestions and still want as many as possible but I love what has been suggested thus far.
Sonic Lamb - You seem to know exactly what my problem is. As stated Shogun is traditional asian (though actually it was japaneese) and the music worked for a bit but really didnt work well. It did help with the ambience but that effect only works for so long. I dont know, I also like Lambs idea on trying to just combine rock and traditional asian and hope for the best... It sounds like it would potentially work and I really think it would work for an intense fighting game... Thank you for your suggestions and still want as many as possible but I love what has been suggested thus far.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement