🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help plz! Truespace 3 Splines

Started by
3 comments, last by The_Mimic 24 years, 2 months ago
Hi, I need help on using splines in Truespace 3 SE. I can''t figure out how to use them to make a solid surface in a 3d space once I have sued splines to make a contour. Can anyone give me details such as which tools to accomplish the task or where I can find a tutorial which tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
? splines are for making custom planes. what are u talking about?
I thought you could use it draw 3d shapes. I saw in a magazine, they made a melon shape out of many spline polygons in another program.
like u said, another program, u should get Spacth or rhino for those type of splines. ts is polygon modeling. the spline tool is used to make custom flat polygons to use with the sweep tool.
You are confused.
To make a water melon.
----------------------
1. Click on spline poygone
2. Draw a 1/2 of a eaten water melon. (looks like a sickle shaped).
3. Click on point edit tool and then click on face ow sickle shaped plane that you created.
4. Now clik on LATHE (lathe is a pop-up icon if you hold down the mouse over the spline icon.)
5. Now the line that appears has to do with the radius, direction and number of segments that will be created. Basically to make the water melon manipulate the control arms so that the lathe will go 360 degrees in the direction of the outer curve of the water melon.
4. Click on the lathe icon again and presto, you now have a meoln shaped object.

Just so you know that melon is hollow, hehehe.

Hope this helps
Job description : Duct Tape

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement