🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Black and White

Started by
17 comments, last by thekid 24 years, 2 months ago
hey what does everyone think of the game Black and White? The website is here www.lionhead.co.uk I think it is looking to be one of the best games every made but I wanted to know what everyone else thinks about it
Advertisement
Black and white''s gonna be great! Anything with P. Molyneux is great =) If it in''t I''ll not be happy. Full stop.

J2xC

------------------------------
About time I put something funny here? I think so too...
J2xC (J. Connolly) Ah! By popular demand, I shall no longer resist...
The only thing I am afraid of in regards to Black & White is the amount of time I will spend playing it instead of working. I can still play Populous (the first one) or PowerMonger for hours on end.

Mark Fassett
Laughing Dragon Entertainment
http://www.laughing-dragon.com

Mark Fassett

Laughing Dragon Games

http://www.laughing-dragon.com

Black and White does look truly amazing
Peter Molyneux really does know his stuff
lionhead offered me a job for the week to do some beta testing on that game, but I have exams coming up, which sux
------------------------------"If a job's worth doing it's worth getting someone else to do it for you....."
It reminds me a lot of halo. they both look like great games. does anyone here know how they do the terrain for those types of games? they make it look real smooth and realisticly lighted.
Its only because bungie kicks ass.

Yeah Halo looks like it''s going to rock... When does it come out in the UK? anyone have any idea? I''ve not heard much about it recently

"Man who go to bed with itchy ass wake up with smelly finger"
------------------------------"If a job's worth doing it's worth getting someone else to do it for you....."
I saw B&W at the GDC, and as I mentioned in my coverage of the show, it''s truly amazing. The screenshots don''t do it justice. It has the potential to go down as the greatest game of all time. Now I just need to see how I can take a couple of months off school and work when it comes out...

BTW, David Herod, for the love of all things holy, can you change your signature line or stop using it?
not wanting to be a spoilsport but....apart from Myopic, I presume none of us have played this game right?
I think it looks very good, and will certainly check out the demo but...

1)It isnt finished yet. Its not possible to know what it plays like till its done

2)by the time it comes out, other games like Halo will be out, it might not seem so good then

3)This hypeing of a game before its released is counterproductive. Quake III was hyped to death, so was Tiberium Sun and both dissapointed people...

4)Just because the people have made good games before dosent mean everything they touch is gold. Look at Lucasarts and Force Commander (pants).

5)Its important for gamers to judge games on their merits, not their hype or pre-release screenshots over 6 months before the game is finished.

Bottom line is , WE DONT KNOW FOR SURE that this game is the best game of the year because ITS NOT FINISHED! Imagine how wound up you would be if you had worked on a fantastic original game thats just been released (like the Sims)to hear everyone go on about how a game that isnt even finished yet was going to be so much better.
Rant over... but this blind submission to hype really bugs me...

http://www.positech.co.uk
I see what you mean about overhyping games
Q3 was such a disappointment. And as for Daikatana...

Is that better, Myopic Rhino? sorry bout that

"Born of a Broken Man, but not a broken man."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement