🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Brood War vs Command and Conquer

Started by
7 comments, last by sephiroth788 24 years, 2 months ago
what do you think: which is better?
MACS RULE!!!!
Advertisement
Do I have to tell you again, not to post.

Im serious.

(If you dont know what im talking about, then nevermind)

Never played "Brood War." Heck, never even heard of it. Is it similar to C&C, or are you comparing oranges to apples? Anyway, I''m a big fan of the C&C series. Is firahs an administrator on gamedev.net? And why is he/she warning you not to post? Are you a hacker??
hmmm, u forgot something: C&C is the best game ever made (I mean Tiberian Sun)

- pouya
I think Sephiroth is Firahs' little brother and he doesn't want him to be bere.

/. Muzzafarath

Edited by - Muzzafarath on 4/25/00 8:46:38 AM
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
your rigt mazzarafah whatever your name is
MACS RULE!!!!
I prefer Brood war, simply put for the great variety and uses that the units can be put to. I''ve played both Tib Sun and Brood war, and I must say Tiberian sun was a good game, if you put the date back many years.
The AI in Brood War wasn''t all too hot, but I found myself coming back for more simply because of the wide variety of units and to try out new strategies all the time.
C&C is a solid Wargame, but frankly it really gives me an impression of ''been there, done that''. There''s nothing really ''innovative'' enough to set it apart from Tiberian Dawn.
Brood Wars on the other hand really changed the way I played Starcraft.

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." - The Shining
I''m usually very open minded, and I''m not saying that Brood war is better, but whoever says Tiberian Sun is the best game ever made is a complete idiot. Saying that Tiberian Sun is the greatest game ever made is so stupid it''s almost sarcastic, so if it is then I apologize.
I think the Command & Conquer series is one of the best, but I have to agree about Tiberian Sun. It''s practically only for C&C followers! It''s pretty much the same game, but with improved 3D graphics. And even they aren''t really all too new. Strategy wise, it''s practically the same as the previous two releases, only with less "tank rushes," the most annoying way to lose a game (and least thoughtful way to win it; Westwood wants strategy, not contests to see who can build the most of a certain unit).

Maybe they''ll turn out something with a little more innovation next time. A brief glimpse at some students here playing Starcraft tells me that Westwood is way behind.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away"--Henry David Thoreau

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement