🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

TrueSpace 3/SE

Started by
2 comments, last by Rah 24 years, 2 months ago
Hi, After reading some posts on this board regarding TrueSpace3/SE being on some PC mags in the UK, I hunted around a bit and found it on a PC Pro. I''ve tried it and I really like it; seems generally nicer than v.2. One problem I have with it at the moment tho.. I was wondering if any of the others who''d got it could help me... When creating/scaling/moving an object in v.2 I could simply right click on the object selection item, to bring up a box with the object''s numerical settings in - which I could alter manually. This was great for exact 90 degree rotations etc. etc. However, in .v3/SE this appears to have gone... is this a ''limitation'' brought about by the SE in it''s name? If so, is there anyway to perform exact rotations etc.? I imagine it would be pretty hard to get things rotated accurately using the mouse? Sorry if this is a little off topic, its just with the amount of people who''d got this particular edition on the board, I though this would be a good place to ask Thanks for any pointers, -- Russ
Advertisement
Yes there is a way. (I think)
Ya know the arrow icon near the movement,scale,rotate icon? Right click on it and it should bring up the objects numerical properties. Hope this works (never used S/E versions....)
Job description : Duct Tape
Hi,

Yes, that''s the problem though. The right-click on the arrow icon appears to of been disabled in this version. Since I got it free on a mag, I can''t check the manual etc. so just wanted to check it wasn''t just me being stupid Is there another way to rotate an object etc. entering numerical input rather than manually with the mouse?

Thanks,

--
Russ
Actually to get an exact rotation in truespace I never used the object screen. Instead I would turn on grid snape and then the rotation will be in exact increments.
Job description : Duct Tape

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement