🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Quick Question: Putting Images in a post...

Started by
3 comments, last by Fredric 24 years, 2 months ago
At some point in my life, I''m going to need to put some pictures in one of my posts. How is this done? I know, it takes some HTML, but how will the image always be displayed if the image is on my hardrive? If I shut down my computer, the image won''t be available, right? So what do I do ensure that my pictures are always available to people to look at obvlivious to whethor or not my computer is off or on? GO LEAFS GO!
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Advertisement
You have to be really really cool to do it...im sorry, under contract, i cant tell you any more.

You can't display images that are on your hd to other people on the net (if you haven't turned your computer into a server). You DO know that you don't have access to everyones hd's on the net dont you?

You have a couple of choices if you want to display an image to people on the web:

1) Send the image to the people who want it.
2) Get some space on a server and upload the images there.
3) Turn your computer into a server and upload the images to the folder that's visible to other people on the net.

/. Muzzafarath

Edited by - Muzzafarath on 4/24/00 12:01:50 PM

Edited by - Muzzafarath on 4/24/00 12:03:39 PM
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Muzzafarath - Thanks, I''ll upload it to some geocities server and have a link to the image..

Firahs- if only cool people can have images in their posts... then why do you have one?

GO LEAFS GO!
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
I really shouldnt have to explain that one...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement