🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I program I need...

Started by
4 comments, last by Glandalf 24 years, 2 months ago
I need a program that will generate text moving up and into the distance of space (like the intro to all the Star Wars movies). Don''t make one or anything, I was just wondering if one was already made. I would make one my self but I have to have it in 2 days. It has to beable to output the into into a movie format. If you know of a program please tell me where you found it. Or e-mail me. Thanks Glandalf Glandalf@hotmail.com
Advertisement
Maybe you could do that with Metacreations Bryce 3D, Cinema 4D or 3DStudio max, but they''re not freeware!

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA
Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.stGA
the way i would do it is to make the whole text thing in paintbrush, then write a lil directx (or opengl) prog to map the bitmap on a surface and tilt the camera in an angle, then start moving the surface backwards until it dissapears

but i have NO IDEA how to put this in a movie format

- pouya
Thanks for the help, I my computer artist friend let me borrow his program. It should work pretty good. If ya''ll want I''ll post the finished clip up here, if its not to big. It is for a project in my class. I have to make a short movie, my team is doing a spoof on the Star Wars stuff. Should be pretty funny. Thanks again for the help.

Glandalf
I really like Bryce and all of the former MetaCreations software...but i would advise against using them just because they are owned by corel now and Corel is in real financial trouble which may leave them unsupported.

quote: Original post by firahs

Corel is in real financial trouble which may leave them unsupported.

I would wait and reserve judgement on that one. They have a new version of WordPerfect, along with a version of Linux that claims to be the easiest to install ever. They also support some of the well-known projects of the Linux community, such as Wine. Their focus has shifted, and it may be for the better. Don''t worry, Windows fanatics: They''re still supporting their Windows products 100%.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away"--Henry David Thoreau

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement