🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The most stressful part of my life...

Started by
21 comments, last by Fredric 24 years, 2 months ago
... my heart beets fast. Sweat dribbles down my forehead and across my lips. My knuckles turn white as I clench them together, keep my eye on the screen. A second passes by, the stress builds up.... Does anyone feel like that when they''re hoping to have no errors in there code?! After I have been programming for an hour or two, and haven''t compiled before, what I wrote above happens when I''m waiting for it to finish compiling... someday it''s going to kill me... GO LEAFS GO!
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Advertisement
I used to before, but now I don''t have time any more (got a new computor). Now all that happends is I press compile and either it says 0 errors, 0 warings. or 130 errors, 17 warings.
I just hate it when you write a code when you are tired and then when you compile it you get like two pages of errors...

that happens to me all the time... *sob*

========================
Game project(s):
www.fiend.cjb.net
=======================Game project(s):www.fiend.cjb.net
What I hate the most is when you change one tiny ''unimportant line , and then you get something like 27 errors and 17 warnings.To make matters worse , you change the line back , and then you get 103 errors and 27 warnings , and you are like WTF

I knew the man before he died , Hell has chosen well.
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.
I dont get that feeling when i''m compiling the project, but i sometimes do that when i''m waiting for the program to load and show the main screen.

i close my eyes and wait until i dont hear the hard drive working anymore, then i slowly open my eyes to see whether there''s something on the screen or that i have a blank scrren or possibly an illegal operation error.

- pouya
The most thing I hate is when you have a bunch of pages of code, and you compile... then get one error. BUT, then you try to fix the error, and then BOOM- 126 new errors!!

GO LEAFS GO!
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Last year over the summer I had to go away for a couple of weeks, so I took the little code that I had written (for my first, very stupid game :p) and brought it on vacation where I could work on it from a computer there. By the time I got back home where my compiler was, I had doubled the amount of code, and I thought that the compile would go well...100 something errors and warnings! Sheesh.

Martin
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware
umm, 100 errors is ok, i sometime get that much error. good part: 80 of them are spelling errors, 15 are missing brackets or semicolons, 3-4 are the feedback for previous errors and only 1-2 are *real* errors

(oops i made an spelling error on my original post, i had to edit it )

Edited by - pouya on 4/25/00 8:17:33 PM
I remember when I had JUST finsihed reading "Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days" (which I had read after reading the C equivilant), my Chemistry teacher told me to write a program that will teach a section out of our book (I changed the assignment, though, to just a quiz over that section). It was for a project grade, although that never really mattered to me. My first programming project! Well, I designed the entire thing from bottom-up. It was going to be REUSEABLE! It would be a generic quiz program, that you could write whatever quiz you wanted (in theory). I spent a week writing the code for the classes, then I wrote the main program. I didn''t compile it for two days--I was so afraid that I''d compile what had become an obsession for me and it''d be full of errors! A thousand nightmares poured through my mind as I hit F7 (build). I was overjoyed to find only a few errors, which I quickly fixed. Once I ran the program, though...nightmare. I found a bug that made it impossible to work correctly...and the bug took me four days of obsessed bug-hunting before I realized I called one wrong function at an isolated point in the code. Well...this is MY first experiance with bugs and errors.

P.S. In case you were wondering, I fixed that bug easily, and brought it in. Unfortunatly, after all of my testing (after the bug), when my teacher tried to work it...ANOTHER bug appeared! I still got a 100 on the project grade--I had the fore-thought to include my source code on the disk...so I confused her by trying to explain it to her. :-) (how do you add those graphical smilies, anyway?)

P h a n t a s m
"Through dreams I control mankind."
--Legend
Phantasm
for graphical smile just put the : and the ) beside each other like (it automatically changes it to graphics, so i can't type the thing here)

the ones that i know are : ) (sorry i have to put an space between them) for , and : ( for and ; ) for

lets see if this one works (just testing now)
=) ;(

second edit: hey, : P works for (is there anymore of these?)

- pouya

Edited by - pouya on 4/25/00 8:36:00 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement