🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Best Online Shopping!

Started by
2 comments, last by Ack 24 years, 2 months ago
So guys, cough it up -- what have you found to be the *best* stores online for our kind of stuff? The best stores for console and PC games, as well as the best stores for software and hardware? While we''re at it, I dare ask -- what is your favorite brand of computer and your favorite operating system?
Advertisement
I''d say amazon.com. I got lots of books for game design from them and I just ordered VC++ 6 from them 2 days ago. They even gave a hardware section. Also allbooks4less.com has some nice programming books
I wish there was a button on my monitor to turn up the intellegince. Theres a button called 'brightness' but it doesn't work
I like pricewatch.com for hardware, it list many, many prices from different web sites and you can usually find it pretty cheap. You can find some games and things on cyberrebate.com , and everything is either free or no more than a few dollars after rebate. The bad part is you have to wait about 12 weeks to get your rebate (so they have time to invest your money and make a million dollars ). But still, you just can''t beat free.
My favorite computer brand is the ones with no-name. You know, the ones who "the dude on the corner" built for you I like them because they''re usually a lot cheaper than an IBM, Compaq or any other big computer manufacturer.

/. Muzzafarath
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement