Advertisement

jungle bridge *UPDATED*

Started by January 05, 2003 09:28 PM
12 comments, last by plectrum 21 years, 8 months ago
ok, I've done some more work on the background graphics (finally). I've modeled and added some plants to fill in the empty space at the bottom of the screen. The whole thing is made up of separate tga's layered on top of each other. The problem I have is that the plants don't look as if they're part of the same picture. Anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix it? I used the same lighting setup for all the objects. sorry about the large image size btw. >>john [edited by - plectrum on January 13, 2003 3:12:03 PM]
well, it looks pretty good to me how it is. id go for a canyon in the background. kind of far in the distace, faded slightly to a gray (atmospheric perspective and all that)....

but it looks very good. what did you use to make it with?

Also check out the Federal Duck Stamp Site - my graphics!
-geoYou have achieved victory by DOMINATING THE WORLD.
Advertisement
i would add some age and some vines, then again you did just make it.

sweet stone head figures at the ground supports.

-killing
thanks guys. It''s done in 3d studio max r5, from my own concept. I''ll definetly add some vines to make it look more overgrown, but I''m not sure if I should make it look old, I''d like to keep the cartoon look.

I''ll update the image when I make some major progress with the whole background.

>>john
Looks pretty good so far. I''d just like to second the suggestions on having a canyon background and adding some overgrowth. Maybe some hanging moss from the planks. It sorta reminds me of the Donkey Kong games for the SNES.
TechnoHydra,
yep, I was going for a warm cartoony look, and that''s pretty much the way those donkey kong games did their graphics..Not to say that I''m trying to rip off their ideas, lol.

>>john
Advertisement
I''m not implying that implying that you''re ripping anyone off. Looking forward to playing it when you finish. If the gameplay gives the same feel as the artwork then it should be a fun, addictive game.
*bump* c''mon guys, I need feedback :D

>>john
Looks good, however I would probably make the lower plants a bit darker, so that they would fit in better with the rest. I''m sure once a background is added it will look quite good
well. u''ve got this huge blue hole in the middle of the screen that needs to be filled in with something.. try adding some clouds or maybe a huge ass tree or something. ohh, maybe a bug or something fryin around

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement