🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

FAO Any GameDev Staff

Started by
9 comments, last by fup 21 years, 6 months ago
Can someone be kind enough to expain to me how I get my website included in the resources section? I tried emailing a guy called "Dave" a couple of times but received no answer, and there doesn''t seem to be any contact info for submitting this type of thing. (although I guess I must be blind because there''s an awful lot of resources listed... ) Anyone? Thanks
ai-junkie.com
Advertisement
quote: Original post by fup
Can someone be kind enough to expain to me how I get my website included in the resources section? I tried emailing a guy called "Dave" a couple of times but received no answer, and there doesn''t seem to be any contact info for submitting this type of thing. (although I guess I must be blind because there''s an awful lot of resources listed... )

Anyone?

Thanks

ai-junkie.com

I would just like to add both my personal recommendation and utter astonishment that fup''s site is not in the Resources section! His site is excellent, a wonderful tutorial reference site and one I''ve sent many folks to.

By all means this site should be in the Resources listing!

Ferretman

ferretman@gameai.com
www.gameai.com
From the High Mountains of Colorado

Ferretman
ferretman@gameai.com
From the High Mountains of Colorado
GameAI.Com

I'm on it

okay got you covered here

Dave sometime takes a while to check his email, I think one time it took him a few weeks to clear out his inbox, heh.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Thanks Gaiiden.

Also, how do I get my book listed?

"AI Techniques for Game Programming"

The Amazon link is

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/193184108X/qid=1035328480/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/104-2413307-1966346?v=glance&n=507846

ai-junkie.com
I''ll get it added. Sorry for not responding to the email earlier, but I get over 200 emails a day, and I''m still catching up from the holidays.
thanks

ai-junkie.com
Can I still use the book even if I''m using a slightly different platform like .NET for example instead of WIN32? As I learnt that the first few chapters emphasis on Windows Programming model... just wondering if the latter chapters uses the same model in its examples. Thanks in advance.
The road may be long, wind may be rough. But with a will at heart, all shall begone. ~savage chant
To be honest, I don''t know. I have no real understanding of what NET is. I didn''t realize it was a separate platform.

Anyway, if it helps, the Window''s stuff was put in the book simply to help readers understand 100% of the code. The genetic algorithm and neural network code will run on any platform, you''d just have to alter the rendering calls. If you can make sense of the tutorial, Neural Networks in Plain English , which you can find online at my website, then you''ll have no problems with the book.

I do know I have a lot of readers who develop on Linux and they don''t have a problem with the code.

So, can you summarize what NET is for me please...? Maybe it''s time I knew!

ai-junkie.com
Ive read about half of the book, and I dont see that it is platform-dependent. Im pretty sure you could even use borland for every example, if you wanted to.

Its a good book (so far ) - the concept (and the how-to) of Genetic Algorithms is clear as chrystal now that I read that part of the book. Now onto NNs

------------------------

“Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done.
And I am Caesar.”

— Julius Caesar
------------------------Why of course the people don’t want war. ... That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship ...Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. [Herman Goering]
Ah hi fup... I just ordered your book... can''t wait to dig in!!! (you know I haven''t been this excited about something since I guess when I got my NES 17 yrs ago?? A.I. is soooooo *speechless*)

A lot of gamedev people seem to be writing books jeez what would the Premier Press series be without it?

Congradulations really... maybe one day I''ll write a book too. Just give me a few years first.

*thumbs up!*
Le peur de l''autre donne des ailes,On se sent moins seuls au pluriel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement