🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Poser loses materials

Started by
5 comments, last by Bruno 24 years, 1 month ago
Hi I have a problem, all the models that i design in Poser3, they luse the materials when i export the model to either 3ds or obj. Anyone knows why this happens, and how can i solve the problem? thanks Bruno
Advertisement
So, you have nakid models then? Hmmm... Very odd. (I really have no idea)

E:cb woof!
E:cb woof!
i have the same problem.
option #1
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
There is a way to export the texture maps of the people, and then just color the clothing, but i havent ever found out how.

option #2
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
First i should point our that i usually make animations of the terrain and surrouding objects in bryce 3d (but this can apply if you have any 3d rendering program that exports in avi format). when making it in bryce (or any other rendering prg), just design it as though the person is actually there, but leave it blank. then, in poser, import an avi file as the background, and it puts your poser figure on top of the avi file. this may not work if you want people to stand behind things though.

anyways, i hope i was of some help to you...

------------
Aegis
-----------
a
Thanks man, but that don''t works for me..
I need the poser objects, in either obj or 3ds format, baecause i wan''t to import the models to a game i''m making, but the export of the poser 3d, always gives me naked models..
I don''t know what to do anymore, i''ve already searched the poser3d manual, and the poser website for plug-ins, but unsucessufuly (
anyone can help?

thanks
Bruno
hi, it depends on what 3d package you are using...

3ds max with the Okino Polytrans importers are perfect. next try just importing into max as obj. 3ds looses all texture stuff out of poser... if you are in lightwave 5.6 it just looses it all because the layout program doesn''t deal with obj''s, i haven''t tried 6.0 importing so i''ll have to get back to you on that... what game are you making cuz a poser fig has anywhere from 30,000 to 56,000 polys, and not to mention the z-buffer problems that you will run into...

Also E-mail me at home: lamont976@home.com
Lamont G.http://www.digitalweaponx.net
Thanks for your answer
Actually i gave up on the poser objects...., i couldn''t get the texture to work, so i''m now using md2 format....
It''s a strategy game, no much animation needed...kind of the old laser squad

Bruno
Well if you can get your hands on 3d max you can possibly export the poser model as a obj and then in max import the texture file (the tiff) into the material editor and assign it to the character... make sure you only have the character though no hair or other things... and it will wrap correctly. i would imagine then you could export the model as an 3ds model with texture and it would work..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement