🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Any A.I programming examples or tutorials?

Started by
13 comments, last by Candy 21 years, 5 months ago
Hello everyone, I am now getting start to work the A.I part on my little program. Although I have read several articles about A.I, I still confuse on how to start working on it. Is there any A.I tutorials or programming examples for reference? I am looking one such as how to design fish wandering or schooling in the sea. Thx you very much~
Advertisement
www.ai-depot.com
www.gameai.com

Good Luck!
"Outside there are tricks and evil."http://go.to/3dprog
Our great leader, Ferretbrain, has done a couple of real nice articles on flocking for the Programming Gems books and "AI Game Programming Wisdom". He''s at GameAI.com

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer
Intrinsic Algorithm - "Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

www.ai-junkie.com is a really good site to get started on AI.
I am reading through his (Mat Buckland) book (AI Techniques For Game Programming) right now; He does a very good job of explaining his concepts and keeps that math to a minimal :D!

[edited by - huntertkilla on February 2, 2003 7:27:54 PM]
Yeah, Matts book is highly recommended

----PATRIOTISM----

“Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done.
And I am Caesar.”
— Julius Caesar

BUSH vs HITLER - who´s your daddy?
------------------------Why of course the people don’t want war. ... That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship ...Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. [Herman Goering]
Thank you very much for u all~~~

Let me check all the stuff u all given to me~~
www.generation5.org has some good articles on Artificial Life and Genetic Algoritms.

quote: --posted by _Danneman_--

----PATRIOTISM----

“Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done.
And I am Caesar.”
— Julius Caesar

Leave this for the Lounge. AI board is no place for politics.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

I don''t mind either. I like the quote. It''s not like he''s asking for a response... you don''t have to read it or click on the link.

ai-junkie.com
Yes, its just my sig - perhaps a bit large And its certainly not meant as anti all americans - there are just too many good people over there with courage to criticise their own regimes move towards totalitarianism. Both the sig and the link are pretty mindprovoking, and not just rubbish hatepropaganda, though perhaps the link´s title will cause some amerikans to switch to defensive-mode instead of reflection

Nuff said, this is the ai-forum, after all

----PATRIOTISM----

And I am Caesar.”
— Julius Caesar

------------------------Why of course the people don’t want war. ... That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship ...Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. [Herman Goering]
I like your sig, and I''m American, dammit!
weee!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement