🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I'm sick of your anti-vb attitude(AGAIN)...

Started by
25 comments, last by nes8bit 24 years, 2 months ago
...so here's a demo that could help you convert. Here's the Demo Here's the Patch Demo is 2.8 mb Patch #1 600 kb soooo.... This was intended for Witchlord only, but I think it is about time for you C++ers and VBers alike to see what VB is really capable of. Now, this is only something very small. (Not in file size though) I'm sure that most of you vb programmers will like to see the source, but this is no open source project. There is SOME source, but it is quite "Captured Reality Specific." Anyhoo, have fun and please tell me your framerate. I'd like to know. Please post debuginf.log that SHOULD be located at c:\program files\mainproject\debuginf.log. I'm in the process of fixing bugs so tell me what happens if it crashes. So far I've heard is: one frozen computer, and an overflow error. If you want to reply, please no "this is why I hate VB..." posts. I never said anything about why I hate C++, pascal, etc, so I expect the same from you! You know what I mean... -your SAINTan, nes8bit Edited by - nes8bit on 5/15/00 5:23:48 PM
Advertisement
I still get the same error: "Run-time error ''6'': Overflow"

Here''s the debug file:

Captured Reality EnginePager Bomb 4.0 Scripting SpecialApplication Name: MainProjectCurrent Time: 00:20:11Current Date: 5/14/2000---------------------------------------------------------Setting Default Screen Mode...Initalizing Direct Input

- WitchLord

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

MS used VB to program all of their apps, and all of their apps have some sort of VB programming lingo embedded in them. MS uses it, it must be good! Actually, my friend got his son hooked on programming with it. Nothing like another console head hooked into the depths of programming....
>>>...so here''s a demo that could help you convert.<<<

I doubt your going to convert people to VB by just making a demo. Really, if I wrote an awesome demo in C++, I doubt that it would convert you. Besides, it''s really annoying when people try to convert others to their language, as I explained in the previous topic (which you seem to have deleted).

--TheGoop
The point of his posting a demo is not about converting people to program for VB. The point is to stop people from dissing and disrespecting VB.

Shinryuu64
Solenoid Software Interactive
http://solenoid.50megs.com
shinryu64@kiss-my.as
Shinryuu64Solenoid Software Interactivehttp://solenoid.50megs.comshinryu64@kiss-my.as
Everything has a use. Necessity is the main motivator for creation after all. VB seems like a pretty cool idea for somethings...but i wont use it because i have no use for it.

quote: Original post by WitchLord

I still get the same error: "Run-time error ''6'': Overflow"

Here''s the debug file:

Captured Reality EnginePager Bomb 4.0 Scripting SpecialApplication Name: MainProjectCurrent Time: 00:20:11Current Date: 5/14/2000---------------------------------------------------------Setting Default Screen Mode...Initalizing Direct Input 

- WitchLord

Thanks witchlord for staying on topic...but now that I know the problem is somewhere arround direct input initalization, then I''ll go check it. I never got a Direct Input Overflow error before. I COULD be your drivers for your mouse, but DI has been a pain ever since I started this engine. Also, the DLL''s don''t load until everything else is loaded. They are plugins. I''ll look into the problem and send YOU a copy.

For the rest of you, I just wanted to sound like one of those weird religious people. And I thank the rest of you for being so kind again....

(I always thought gamedev was much nicer before?)
quote: I still get the same error: "Run-time error ''6'': Overflow"

Here''s the debug file:

I got the same error msg (and ~ the same debug report ) on three different computers four including the one at work .Am using Dx7 and 1=win95, 2=win98 , 1=Win2k

..Trying to take me outta the Ghetto , but I'm still buck wild . So I'll hustle up wit em , knuckle up wit em hoody hooo..............
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.
Wow! Thanks Tha_HoodRat for trying it on all those systems! I''ve never had a dinput problem so severe. I''ll keep checking on it.

I think witchlord has a microsoft mouse, but what mouse do you have hood. Both mice that I''ve used are logitechs. I know it is a mouse problem because when I aquire the mouse, I use non exclusive mode and I hid the mouse and clipped it with win32 API. Well, I''ll keep trying to fix it. At least it is not a d3d error.

Hmm, nice demo (worked fine for me). I''m using a Microsoft intellimouse right now, so I doubt it''s a problem with Microsoft mice. Although the input did seem a bit sluggish (is that normal?).

Other relevant info about my system which might help you:
Athlon 550mhz
Intellimouse
Voodoo3 2000 accelerator
Windows 98 (first edition)

BTW, got a framerate at about 70FPS on most demos.

--TheGoop

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement