🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My first screenshot from my game.

Started by
19 comments, last by Kavos 24 years, 1 month ago
Hey!
Nice screenshot...though like some people say, isn''t it a little early on in development to be showing work-in-progress? Still, looking good, keep at it!

Ste
Advertisement
quote: Original post by baskuenen
If you need some more perfectly sphere-wrappable-planet-textures, just say so...

Cool pic. So where do you get these textures from?

nathany.com
cool. what kind of game is it?

woah! if you wait long enough, you see this corellian corvette being chased by a star destroyer! =)

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
I''m about 3 weeks into my current game; here''s a screenshot from my terrain editor.
Wow, you''re moving right along! What terrain editor are you using BTW?
Early? mabey, but eh what the hell.

Hehe ya, a star field alone is rather dull, At first I wanted to do it in 3d but my card doesn''t support openGL, which means I would have to *gulp* learn Direct3D! Mabey I should though... I wish there was a NeHe type site for Direct3D, but hehe who would want to do it The only info I have on Direct3d is what I have managed to scrap outta the net and what I have been able to pick up while wading through the SDK doc.

I waited for Inside D3D only to hear that its crap, just like every other d3d book out there (isn''t there a good one?)

So if I accually manage to dive into D3D, sure I would love
some "perfectly sphere-wrappable-planet-textures"

~Kavos
Well, for every computer book I buy it''s a Dummies version. I don''t know why, I guess it''s easier for my mind to take in and it''s fun at the same time. Maybe IDG (Dummies) put out a book on D3D? I''d check it out if you''re really interested. Just a thought.
You asked for it: some perfectly sphere wrapable planet textures!
- Hey cool, I''m doing some art stuff! -

(ps: my homepage MB limit may be reached sooner or later so if you like em better save ASAP)

LOL thanks, I will.

~Kavos
Uh, do you have a perfectly wrappable earth?

------------------------
Captured Reality.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement