Advertisement

a bit off-topic

Started by February 21, 2003 06:39 AM
3 comments, last by Mav 21 years, 6 months ago
there is a project going on where scientist try to teach a computer a kind of everyday-life-knowledge so that the computer can use this as a base for ''thinking'' und ''understanding'' things, not just processing the information he gets. does anyone know the project and where I can information about it? I am working on an article about AI for my exam and that would help me a lot. thx - mav
This sounds like the ''Cyc'' project... ''Cyc'' is a large, multi-context knowledge base and inference engine, initially developed by Doug Lenat. It''s now a product of Cycorp. There''s plenty of details about this on the net.

Of course, there are plenty of other research projects out there trying to do similar things (from different starting points) so this might not be the project you are thinking of. If that''s the case, check out Cyc anyway and see what you think.

Cheers,

Timkin
Advertisement
'cyc' rings a bell, I think that is, what I've heard of.
thanks for your help!

-mav

[edited by - mav on February 24, 2003 10:59:05 AM]
If it''s not Cyc, it might be Cog (short for cognition).
Cog is one of the most famous robots, dealing with AI and awareness.

Hope you find what you''re looking for.

Ulf
no, it was really cyc. thx anyway. but i know cog, it''s the one with 4 cameras on his head. in every documentary film the show some guy waving his hand in front of the cameras an cog recognizes the movement.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement