🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Any 2d artists left?

Started by
17 comments, last by Hase 24 years ago
Take a look at

http://www.cosmigo.com/promotion

I''ve used this for a long time for commercial 2D work, and IMHO nothing comes close (designed and featured by commercial artists)

Best regards, OnOFF
Advertisement
Thanks all, im thinking about getting the pro motion kit, ´cause i´ve done all my animations with ps5 and psp5 and the animation shop... (kinda lot of work and uncomfortable).

My favorite games to work on are good old 2D tile-based RPGs like back in the days of the SNES and the Genesis. I use more colors though; I love working in 320x240x16, even though I just recently gave up my Qbasic and my Turbo C++ and started Windows programming. And I'll be the first to admit it... I'm not a very good artist at all. ^_^ This is very preliminary work from my upcoming RPG, Terran:

Partial Screenshot

I need to get some roof tiles turned out that aren't just a solid color, but I can't draw a textured-looking roof. Well, I can, but it sucks. ^_^ I'll get it sooner or later. Semi-decent art always takes me at least five tries. Aaargh. I do like doing it, but I'm always happy when I can get back to coding.

-Ironblayde
 Aeon Software

Edited by - Ironblayde on June 7, 2000 1:37:13 AM
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"
Learfox, Photoshop is a joke regardless.

I use Paint Shop Pro 5.
]LoRE[
Haven´t had much time for art the last weeks... studying for the big Latin exam next friday...
wish me luck. (Cause I´m gonna need it)
I''m actually doing my first sprite, a norn breed for Creatures 3.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Hello Ironblayde,

I''m a semi-experienced computer artist, and thought I would contact you about your RPG "Terran". ( By the way, RAD name! )

I''ve been trying to create an RPG game for more than 3 years!

I wanted to know if you would be interested in working with me?

I use the following Software:

MSPAINT ( Seriously )
Paint Shop Pro 5
PhotoMorph
Video Action Editor
Corel PHOTO-PAINT
Corel Draw 9
And a few of my own utilities that I wrote in C++

Also I''m a highly experienced BASIC programmer, and I also know some C++ and Java, I''m learning how to program with DirectX 7.0

Please contact me if you have any thing to say!

P.S. I love RPG''S!
P.P.S. I''m trying to write a "Polygon Engine" for RPG games (like Final Fantasy and Xenogears.) Once again, Please contact me!

E-Mail: R2000@Coollink.net

Snail Mail: 345 Walter Rd.
River Ridge, LA 70123

( USE V^SYM#0020 FOR THE NAME IF MAILING! )
( USE ''V^SYM_EMAIL_REPLY'' AS THE SUBJECT FOR E-Mail!

Thank you for your time!

<< REPLY TO IronBlayde's Message ' My favorite games to work on are good old 2D tile-based RPGs like back in the days of the SNES and the Genesis. I use more colors though; I love working in 320x240x16, even though I just recently gave up my Qbasic and my Turbo C++ and started Windows programming. And I'll be the first to admit it... I'm not a very good artist at all. ^_^ This is very preliminary work from my upcoming RPG, Terran:' >>

Hello Ironblayde,

I'm a semi-experienced computer artist, and thought I would contact you about your RPG "Terran". ( By the way, RAD name! )

I've been trying to create an RPG game for more than 3 years!

I wanted to know if you would be interested in working with me?

I use the following Software:

MSPAINT ( Seriously )
Paint Shop Pro 5
PhotoMorph
Video Action Editor
Corel PHOTO-PAINT
Corel Draw 9
And a few of my own utilities that I wrote in C++

Also I'm a highly experienced BASIC programmer, and I also know some C++ and Java, I'm learning how to program with DirectX 7.0

Please contact me if you have any thing to say!

P.S. I love RPG'S!
P.P.S. I'm trying to write a "Polygon Engine" for RPG games (like Final Fantasy and Xenogears.) Once again, Please contact me!

E-Mail: R2000@Coollink.net

( USE V^SYM#0020 FOR THE NAME IF MAILING! )
( USE 'V^SYM_EMAIL_REPLY' AS THE SUBJECT FOR E-Mail!

Thank you for your time!

Edited by - Virtual Symbiote #20 on June 11, 2000 2:22:41 PM
I made a game with my friends called "School Fighters", and it was a 2d fighting game featuring people from our school. We used a scanner to get photos of people into the game (they were all kind enough to pose for us), and into our own image format.
We don''t do stuff with pen and paper, because it doesn''t scan so good, and it will be pointless to buy a Wacom tablet, since we rarely need such a thing. My artist friend is great at manipulating pixels, especially with the program I wrote for him, and it usually looks better than hand drawn, since his pictures are meant for computer games from the beginning.
"You can get out of prison, but not out of the cemetery"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement