🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I'm Done! Yes!

Started by
40 comments, last by Tiso 24 years ago
I have finally finished my first big project as a program. It's a program that does some of the more advanced pre-algebra stuff. Yes, I just finished pre-algebra this year so don't make fun of me. You can download it at: http://www.crosswinds.net/~gaurdianangel/Free.html And since nobody has told me they have visited my site here's the home page URL: http://www.crosswinds.net/~gaurdianangel Remember, this may look like a little simple program to you gurus out there but this is my first big project and my first program that does something useful, so give me some tips or encouragement please. ............ Guardian Angel Interactive Edited by - Tiso on 5/28/00 10:28:13 PM
Advertisement
Hey,

I didnt check your stuff, but, for the third time :
Please fix your signature!
Every post you make makes the whole thread get bugged (to me, or Netscape users, at least). It seems theres a " missing in the end of your link. Check that please!

Thanks a lot,
-RoTTer
I did fix it though...grrr.........I''ll check again. Could you at least check out my program though?
Sorry about my signature Rotter, but I finally got it fixed. Sorry I caused all this trouble.

Guardian Angel Interactive
Hey, i downloaded your thing. A few comments. Obviously your a beginner so i won''t get on you for the "character based" interface. It shows you know a fair amount of whatever language you used. Not very intuitive or user friendly but thats what you get with character based applications. The file is HUGE for that kind of n application!!! Try release mode before you make us d/l that. The prog would be pretty good if it was only a visual program instead of a character prog. I don''t know if there were any bugs or not but i got a bad output the first time i tried something(perhaps i enetered bad input)??

ECKILLER
Well, I programmed it in C and character interface is all I know so far, sorry. What do you mean by release mode and d/I? I don''t know how to program a visual program but when I do, trust me, I will. There is one bug that was discussed in the read-me (if you read it, don''t blame you if you didn''t), sometimes there''s a letter on the line where you''re supposed to enter a value, you have to back space it or the program will glitch. Thanks for downloading it at least.

hi !

you should at least have given the user a hint,what
this program does. btw: this ain''t a game,did i get this
right ? it''s some sort of mathematical application ?
Karl - Blueskied Games | my german site: Gratis Spiele
sorry...i downloaded glitch.exe
the other one Pre-Alg.exe is better in that way.
Karl - Blueskied Games | my german site: Gratis Spiele
Sorry, this is my first program that I made without any help from a book or anything. This is a big accomplishment for a 13 year old you know.

not to brag or to put you down or anything, but I made pong and space invaders when I was 13. (I started programming when I was 13). This was all in mode13h with DJGPP. This isn''t to put you down, but just to tell you that age doesn''t matter that much.
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement