Advertisement

3dsMax??

Started by April 07, 2003 08:25 PM
4 comments, last by jsynergy 21 years, 5 months ago
I was wondering if anyone can reccomend books, tutorials, etc. that can help me out with learning 3D Studio Max?
These guys wont answer you, cuz they think you downloaded your max from kazaa or somewhere else, but if you would have bought it, you would not need to ask this, cuz max comes with an exersice CD, but i''m not like that visit 3dbuzz.com or just use the help files they have HELPed a lot.
Advertisement
Thanks!!
Could be an educational license installed on a school computer as well, then you probably wouldn''t have the exersice CD..

/Mikael
It doesn''t matter where he got access to max or which version it is. The moral issues are his own. Granted some might not answer because they(me) feel offended by people stealing but it is better to face up to reality. This is why you now can get maya and softimage in free tutorial versions (fully working) nowadays. So, my suggestion is this: Get Maya personal learning version. Most employers today want maya knowledge and since you now legally can get access to maya freely, why not use it? You have peace of mind and also get to learn what is to become industry standard. You can find it at www.alias.com Do it, you won''t regret it.
ASSUMING you are using an educational license on a school computer: Ask the faculty to borrow the exercise CD.

ASSUMING you got the software from in a less than legal form: Go get Maya Personal Learning Edition from there website. It is a great piece of software. (Only which I had more time to work with it, stupid finals). The book I was looking at picking up was called Maya 4.5 Fundamentals, but being so busy with school I haven''t had a chance to get/read it, though it did get really good reviews.
Also, if you go with a legit version, no hassels with cracks, or what have you screwing up your program. And it''s alot easier to get comunity support if they think your legit.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement