🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

art

Started by
6 comments, last by djsteffey 24 years ago
can someone refer me to some good artwork to be used in a game. I''m not sure what kind of game right now but was hoping that if I got my hands on some good artwork it would help to inspire me. I have already looked at SpriteLib and dont think it will work for me. Any suggestions ?
Advertisement
no one have any ideas ?
So you are looking for artwork to inspire your game ideas? I do the same thing when I hear a song.. I get flashes of a story... I try to stay away from other people art so that way I don''t accidently make something similar though... I am wierd... my point, I can''t help ya man..sorry

Serpent Warrior
--------------------
Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for pulse?
A: No.
Q: Did you check for blood pressure?
Q: Did you check for breathing?
Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
Q: But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?
A: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere
I´d go for the elfwood gallery. There´s lots of fantasy and sci-fi stuff there.

www.elfwood.com or http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se (i think)

Just don´t copy anything

About inspiration:
Why don´t you go for books instead. More ideas to be found and more left to your creativity. And playing games of course (... this i like, but it could be done better...)..
tell me what you looking4 and i might be able to help
I do decent artwork but am kind of busy right now...

LoRE
]LoRE[
I guess what i am looking for is stuff like on the old Zelda game for the NES. Animated 2D bitmaps but with better quality then what Zelda for the old NES had. My resolution will be 640x480x16. The old NES used 320x240x8 i believe. I dont want the SpriteLib stuff though.
Thanks
Check out the "charpack1" set of graphics. they are huge (30 MB download, 200 MB expanded as BMP's), but contain THOUSANDS of tiles for an RPG style game as well as some cool xcom style characters in with 300 frames of animation each.

A download link to the charpack is on Vbexplorer.com ...
here. (scroll down and click on the "games development" section.

I'll be using some of the graphics as placeholders for my game (but I'm looking for an artist ... anime style overhead 2d edutainment game; see my Digibot page.)

-- Pryankster

Edited by - Pryankster on May 31, 2000 8:32:12 PM
-- Pryankster(Check out my game, a work in progress: DigiBot)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement