Advertisement

Help, please!!!

Started by April 22, 2003 06:55 AM
2 comments, last by cecia 21 years, 4 months ago
Is there anyone that can help me?!? Colonel Blotto can send each of his ve companies to one of ten locations whose importance is valued at 1; 2; : : : ; 10 respectively. No more than one company can be sent to any one location. His opponent, Count Baloney, must simultaneously do the same with his four companies. A commander who attacks an undefended location, captures it. If both commanders attack the same location, the result is a stand-o at the location. A commander''s payo is the sum of the values of the locations he captures minus the sum of the values of the locations captured by the enemy. Formulate the situation a strategic game. (1) Does colonel Blotto have a weakly or even strongly dominant strategy? If so, give an example. (2) Give a Nash equilibrium of the game. (3) Is the game strictly competitive, and if so, what is its value? Thanks a lot, Cecia
Which class is this for?
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Russell
Which class is this for?

I''m taking a master in Italy...

If this is for a class, shouldn't you be able to figure it out yourself from the knowledge gained in the class? If not, then you were either not paying attention in class or ditching class, which in either case I can't help you. If you were in class paying attention then it must be a poorly taught class and you need to speak with school administrators about it. Especially if it is a "master" level class.

Sorry, that came off sounding alot harsher than I meant it. If you can post any current solution or partial solution you have come up with, or ask more specific "concept" related questions that are stumping you, I might be able to help. But as for doing your "homework" for you, I won't do that, and hopefully nobody else here will either, it's not fair to you or the others in your class.

[edited by - Code-Junkie on April 22, 2003 10:58:42 AM]

[edited by - Code-Junkie on April 22, 2003 11:04:59 AM]
Thanks,CodeJunkie

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement