Advertisement

Selling my engine

Started by April 22, 2003 03:43 PM
16 comments, last by Raduprv 21 years, 4 months ago
Well, I was going to tell you ''THIS ISN''T EBAY!'', but that''s a pretty sweet engine you got there, nice!

DigiCode - My solo company in progress.
_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.
Sure, if you think that I would get better response there.

TSwitch, it does have some lighting, it has even night, evening, etc. But it doesn''t show very well in some scenes, there are some normal problems with the object importer.

Height Map Editor | Eternal Lands | Fast User Directory
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Drevay
Well, I was going to tell you ''THIS ISN''T EBAY!'', but that''s a pretty sweet engine you got there, nice!

DigiCode - My solo company in progress.

Thanks
And well, I didn''t want to SELL it here, just to ask others if they did/do have some experience with this kind of things, and if they would like to share it.

You state that your engine isn''t finished and that there are better (free) engines available. Because of that I think it is unlikely that you would be able to sell your engine. People buy game engines so that they can make a game. If your engine isn''t finished they can''t use it to make a game so there is no reason for them to buy it. It would be much better for them to buy one that is finished or use one of the free engines you mentioned.

I don''t think the example you mentioned of the chat program is really relevant.
1. You don''t say if his chat program was finished and ready to use.
2. You said the ISP was "interested" but you didn''t say if he ever actually got paid.
3. A chat program would be something the ISP could buy and their customers could start using straight away. Your engine (if it was finished) would still require the user to make a game. These are very different pieces of software and so his success with his chat program does not mean you are likely to succeed with your engine.

Dan Marchant
Obscure Productions
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
My engine is not finished as a MMORPG engine, but, as a chat/virtual world, it is pretty finished, and can be used without any problems.
Plus, of course, we also give the buyer the right to use our art (which is a lot of art), and we can train them using it for various tasks.

If you finally make it available to buy, let us know how the engine dit it on the market.
Advertisement
Theres a post below yours of a guy who represents some people who want to invest in games. Try that.

John
Yes, but I wouldn''t want to sell my soul and engine to someone.
I heard that those guys want to own every right about your engine, and dictate the change they want made, etc.
This is not what I want, I want freedom over my own projects...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement