🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Lisp as a scripting language

Started by
14 comments, last by flangazor 21 years, 1 month ago
quote: Original post by neurokaotix
That''s weak.

I do hope you have fun next time you decide to construct a C++ pluggable factory or something of that ilk.
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Plasmadog
I looked around at some of the available implementations, but they were all lacking at least one of the qualities I wanted (chiefly, must be cross-platform, have C++ source code supplied, must be usable as an interpreter rather than a compiler, and a few other bits and pieces).

So what''s wrong with clisp?
quote: Original post by SabreMan
So what''s wrong with clisp?

That did appear to be a contender, but the source code is all in lisp. I really wanted an implementation in which the very fundamental stuff is written in C or C++, like Corman Lisp for example.
You are not the one beautiful and unique snowflake who, unlike the rest of us, doesn't have to go through the tedious and difficult process of science in order to establish the truth. You're as foolable as anyone else. And since you have taken no precautions to avoid fooling yourself, the self-evident fact that countless millions of humans before you have also fooled themselves leads me to the parsimonious belief that you have too.--Daniel Rutter
quote: Original post by Plasmadog
That did appear to be a contender, but the source code is all in lisp.

No it isn''t! The kernel (lisp.exe) is written in C, and the Lisp source layers functionality over that. It sounds like you don''t actually have the source distribution.
Ah, you''re right. I guess all the .d files threw me. Still, I''m happy with my decision to go it alone. I''m learning a lot more this way.
You are not the one beautiful and unique snowflake who, unlike the rest of us, doesn't have to go through the tedious and difficult process of science in order to establish the truth. You're as foolable as anyone else. And since you have taken no precautions to avoid fooling yourself, the self-evident fact that countless millions of humans before you have also fooled themselves leads me to the parsimonious belief that you have too.--Daniel Rutter
For the record, I got Corman Lisp and played with it at lunch. It looks dandy and the featureset is quite nice.

The lisence says I can run programs from the console indefinitely, which is nice. I was getting used to that in GCL w/ emacs.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement