🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Multiple Rendering Contexts

Started by
1 comment, last by One 24 years ago
Is it possible in OpenGL to split the screen into multiple rendering contexts? What I''m basically looking to do is have one area of the screen be rendered ortho and the rest with perspective. Or can I simply change the perspective type before rendering? Thanks for any help One
Advertisement
you can pretty much do as you like. you can use multiple rendering contexts or change the matrix before rendering. i think you should try testing both to see the frame rates you get. i have never tried to use multiple rendering contexts at the same time. i have changed the matrices for drawing text and it didn''t seem to bad. if you want to change rendering contexts just use wglMakeCurrent(HDC, HGLRC);

hope this helps.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
You can also use primitives offered by GLUT : glutCreateSubWindow to...well, create a subwindow, and when you wanna update your sub window, call glutSetWindow with your subwindow''s identifier as the only parameter, and then postRedisplay it.

Should you encounter any problem with these functions, take a look at small apps such as those by Nate Robins, who makes an extensive use of them in his excellent OGL tutorials.

Good luck, Vince

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement