🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

preventing lua hacking

Started by
10 comments, last by dtekfoo 21 years, 1 month ago
Could you guys help me out wit one more thing? I''ve been thinking about what I should script, and what I should hardcode.

Guess I forgot to tell you guys, my game is a 3D rts much like starcraft (cept 3D). Besides scripting my AI, I am going to script each unit. I am considering having a different script for each distinct unit, and loading an instance every time a new unit is created. Is this alright? Hopefully it won''t put too much strain on the system, wit maybe 100 scripts running at once. If this is going to be a problem, what is my best alternative?

Also, is there anything else that I should script? (ie weapons, user interface etc?)
Thx a bunch!
-dtekfoo
Advertisement
I wouldn''t load a new instance for each unit. Load one and have all instances of that unit share it. You will save memory that way. Unless there is some reason that the scripts need be unique to each unit (which I wouldn''t see why), then I think it would be the best way to go.
That's just my understanding; I could be wrong.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement