🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

visual basic/opengl

Started by
14 comments, last by Bruno 24 years ago
Hi Anyone know how to setup opengl to work under vb? I know vb pretty well, and i think i rather use vb than mfc or gdi to make my level editor. links would be nice thanks Bruno
Advertisement
You could go here for information. He has links to VB OpenGL libs also. That's all I know about VB OpenGL. See, I use DX. Have fun!

------------------------
Captured Reality.

Edited by - nes8bit on June 11, 2000 10:10:22 PM
visual basic sucks. you should use visual c++, cause it kick ass.
bah.
VB does not suck. it''s not as GOOD as C++ for many things, but for anything simpler, where speed is not absolutely crucial, it can be a whole lot easier to write programs in VB than in C++

Incidentally, if I was making a level editor I probably would use C++ to do it.
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster

visual basic sucks. you should use visual c++, cause it kick ass.

Note to moderators: You may delete this if you must but...

SHUT THE F*** UP!

------------------------
Captured Reality.
Remember you VC++ users that VC++ has been called one of the buggiest languages in existance and hospitals, military, navy, and many goverment groups will not allow their programmers to use VC ++! It''s true... so don''t get so uptight at the VB users. If it''s just a level editor where you don''t have to manage network play, path fining, music, AI, and such you don''t need a super power engine anyhow....
But if you''ve already got a game made, you could copy it and convert it to an editor as it would use the same painting algorithm.... just another idea..
- Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949
Wait, are you saying the C++ language is buggy or that the VC++ app is buggy? There''s a big difference between the two (especially since I don''t like VC++, but like C/C++).

Morgan
Thanks nes8Bit
When i try to compile the examples taken from the page you told me, my visual basic says that it misses opengl32.tlb.
Do you know where can i get it?

thanks

Bruno
I''m pretty sure it''s all on that page. I''ll search through it and if I find it, I''ll just mail it to you.

------------------------
Captured Reality.
Thanks a lot
Hope you find it

Bruno

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement