🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Free scripting languages with C++ syntax?

Started by
13 comments, last by stodge 21 years ago
Ch?

[edited by - Kylotan on June 11, 2003 7:23:14 AM]
Advertisement
Small is a simple, typeless, 32-bit extension language with a C-like syntax. A Small "source" program is compiled to a binary file for optimal execution speed. The Small compiler outputs P-code (or bytecode) that subsequently runs on an abstract machine. Execution speed, stability, simplicity and a small footprint were essential design criteria for both the language and the abstract machine.

[edited by - darnoc on June 11, 2003 7:55:20 AM]

Err, what about PHP? Or is that purely design and only runnable with web-servers (btw - I''ve never used it, but I''ve seen some code and it looks pretty C++''ish).
quote: Original post by Robbo
Err, what about PHP? Or is that purely design and only runnable with web-servers (btw - I''ve never used it, but I''ve seen some code and it looks pretty C++''ish).
PHP has a C syntax and is a full-featured scripting language. It can be used for sysadmin tasks just like Perl. In fact, it''s kind of a "cleaner Perl."
quote: Original post by Arild Fines
Here I thought you used scripting languages to get away from C++....

That''s what I was thinking. If you have a dynamic environment at your disposal, then why on earth would you want to suffer the static idiocies of C++?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement