🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

C# Wrapper for LUA anywhere?

Started by
4 comments, last by djc 21 years ago
Has anyone done or seen a Managed Version of LUA yet? Would love to use LUA...with C#....
Advertisement
Took me litterly 15 seconds of looking at the lua.org wiki...

http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~rcerq/luadotnet/

its even sponsored by Microsoft Research
That''s nice. I''ve found that after a moment going through the
Lua pages aswell. But that doesn''t help....or did you find any results of their research?

Looks like they''re trying to completely port it to the Dot-Net-Framework....replacing all existing functionality with Framework functionalities....which is great....I''d like to
use it in Dot-Net now though....and it looks like the result of
their study is a piece of paper and a prototype for specific functionalities....I need a Dot-Net Version of the current LUA v5....not just a simple prototype that doesn''t cover half the functionality of LUA.

Maybe someone was able to somehow compile LUA into a Dot-Net library (Dot-Net DLL) as is....without Dot-Net improvements....that would be great already......

I have virtually no knowledge about Lua, but it might be easier for you to do the Lua integration in Managed C++. Managed C++ lets you do everything you can do in "normal" c++, as well as creating a set of classes to expose the scripting functionality to C# and other .NET clients.

AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
That''s what I was thinking ....I was just hoping someone maybe had done this already....as I''m pretty sure that the LUA project cannot be compiled as is int Managed C++ ...but I don''t really know...haven''t actually tried it yet....
quote: Original post by djc
as I''m pretty sure that the LUA project cannot be compiled as is int Managed C++

All valid C++ code compiles in MC++. MC++ is a superset of C++, not a subset.

AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement