🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Blending

Started by
0 comments, last by th032 24 years ago
This is a kick ass tutorial, best I ever read. Spent weeks in glide, and could only get triangle up that moved in 2D. In one day here, I''ve learned more than I ever knew. GREAT JOB! Anyway, my questions is about blending. In Tutorial 8, it says that when the alpha level is set to 1.0 the object should be totally opaque. But I added my own thing into the tutorial, to allow adjustment of the alpha level. When the alpha level is 1.0, the object appears very bright, but I can still see through it. Why isn''t the object totally opaque then? Thanks Tom
AMD Tbird 1GHz 266FSB, ASUS A7V133, Crucial 768MB PC133 SDRAM, PlexWriter 12X/10X/32X CD-RW, Voodoo3 2000 PCI, Creative SoundBlaster Live!, Maxtor 7200rpm 13.3GB, IBM 5200rpm 3.2GB, Samsung 955DF 19" Monitor, LinkSys USB100TX Ethernet Network Adapter,Rogers@Home, Win2000/Linux Mandrake 8.0
Advertisement
Because the alpha (a glColor3f) that you specified directly after choosing your blending equations is not set to 1.0. Hope that makes sense.

Morgan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement