🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Actor Demo

Started by
5 comments, last by Swedie 24 years ago
http://demonews.com/ Has a freakin'' great demo by the name of Actor Demo. Go check it out!
Um, I'm trying to make a living here!
Advertisement
That is impressive as hell!
VERY cool.
Hey Guys!

Glad you like the demo!

If you have any suggestions for improvements...let us know.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Will Cowling
Lead Programmer, Vivid Image
will@vividimage.co.uk

Well, there are a couple things I''ve noticed:

1. There seems to be a fairly high level of friction. If I wanted to just drag one corner of a desk around to change it''s angle, the desk would want to tip over, no matter where I grabbed it. Also, ''sliding'' items across the floor (ie: desks stools) resulted in a skipping motion. Not very ''slidey'' at all. Perhaps I''m just too picky

2. I''ve noticed that when a bomb blows up, it doesn''t actually blow itself up. It will blow the bomb up in the air, and shortly after it lands, it will relight, then blow itself into the air again. I watched my one bomb blow itself up for about 5 minutes.

3. I can''t place any of the balls in a wastebasket. They just get ejected through the side.

Oh, and I was slightly dissapointed that I couldn''t throw pool balls through the windows and break out the glass :-)

Other than that. It looks awesome.
I would like WillC to update this demo and send news about it to news@demonews.com so that we can post it. I like these kind of demos. If anyone has more demos that are "GOOD" .. you can email me at news@demonews.com and I''ll try it and see if it''s "good enough" to get a spot in the 3d demos section at DemoNews. Otherwise it will just get a post in the news.
Um, I'm trying to make a living here!
Hey Swedie, you''re too fast !

I was just about to email you to let you know we''ve updated the demo...and I see it''s already on your site !

Anyway, we''ll keep you updated on new versions as they come.

BTW, BigBlueMonkey, thanks for the comments...the new version fixes some of the things you mentioned...except you can''t throw the pool balls through the windows...yet!

All the best,

Will
Vivid Image

D''OH!

Well, I will interpret the "yet" to mean that at one point we will be able to throw pool balls and chairs and stuff through the windows...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement