🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What Version of Truespace should I get?

Started by
3 comments, last by ManaStone 24 years ago
is Truespace 4 worth the extra $200? Or should I just get Truespace 3?
-----------------------------Download my real time 3D RPG.
Advertisement
I prefer 3. 4 is way different. It''s up to you. I think SE is free of somthing? 3 is like se but more powerful. You can probobly see what 4 is like on the calagari web site.

As Mr Cup always says,
''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''
As Mr Cup always says,''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''
4 is good. its like 3 but with more features, its worth it i think, get the student version, it''s $200 and no restrictions(if your a student)
You probably know this, but TS skill is not something that employers look for. It's Lightwave and/or 3DSMax. I'd say if you're getting TS for the modeling experience (wich it is good for) get an earlier version at a more reasonable price.

www.chewedpencil.com

Edited by - mirado on June 23, 2000 4:35:26 PM
www.chewedpencil.com
Actually, there ARE quite a few employers that accept tS experience instead of MAX - the idea is taht if you understand the basics of one 3D program, learning another is just knowing how to reapply what you''ve learned on another program. Also, quite a few smaller development houses use tS, such as those basing their work on the Genesis3D engine. There are a number of plugins that allow direct export of tS models, scene and animations to to the Genesis 3D object and animation formats.

Also, if you''re looking to do pre-rendererd work rather that real time, it doesn''t matter what application you use, as long as you end up with impressive results. Check out the most recent Caligari (makers of tS) gallery images to see what tS4 is capable of.

As for which version to choose, I''d say tS4. More features than 3, and the new render engine is well worth the price. You can always download the demo and decide for yourself.

- Nick Robalik
http://www.digital-soapbox.com
-Nick "digisoap" RobalikWeb & Print Design, 2D & 3D Illustration and Animation, Game Designhttp://www.digital-soapbox.com[email=nick@digital-soapbox.com]nick@digital-soabox.com[/email]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement