Advertisement

animal crossing and .hack series

Started by July 19, 2003 11:49 PM
1 comment, last by RolandofGilead 21 years, 1 month ago
Both these games seem to require NPCs to understand language pretty well. Any idea on how they do it? The .Hack story is there''s a MMORPG called the world, but it''s still a single player game. You need to act like you''re online with other people though to maintain relationships, much like Animal Crossing. So, how do the NPCs understand so well.
I can''t say much for .hack, but I have played quite a lot of animal crossing. I have determined that in animal crossing, they have a long list of things people can say, and they choose a random one every time. Some animals might not say certain things etc, but its all random random random. There are probably weights based on the season and the time, every once in a while they will change clothes, and if they have gotten mail from someone, they''ll show it to you and tell you that they didn''t understand it or some other garbage.

But basically, it''s so random that at first you get interesting responses thinking there is ai, and then later once youve read everything it gets tiring, boring, and shallow.
Advertisement
dude, .hack is awesome! lol. :D i have it, and it is pretty cool. i like it when i get mail. it makes me feel special lol. and i have animal crossing to. they are similar due to the messages u get from other players, but other than that, well, there''s nothin else in common that i know of.
We are the Future. We are Today. We are Now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement