🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Rotation problem (trig)...

Started by
1 comment, last by Morgan 24 years ago
Okay, I''ve got my rotations all wrong (no, not OpenGL rotations, but the trig). It works in 2D, but I''m having trouble working in the third dimension correctly. If someone could please explain this before I leave for vacation at 8AM (Eastern US) that would be great. Okay, here''s something for you to start with: Lets say I have a point and a line segment. The line segment stays the samle length, ALWAYS, and I want to rotate the line segment around the point using a GLfloat rotation[3] (rotation[0] being rotation around the x-axis, rotation[1] being rotation around the z-axis, etc). Got it? I want simple code to do this (for this example let''s pretend the point we''re rotation around is the origin of (0, 0, 0), so you don''t even need to bother with translations. Please, I need this before I leave (no net access for 5 days... Ahhhhhhh! I guess that''s supposed to be relaxing. I''de rather be coding). Thanks for any help. Morgan
Advertisement
Come on people, I''ve got half an hour!
Sorry for not replying in time....

How do you rotate around a point in 3D space? You should rotate around an axis!

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA
Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.stGA

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement