🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Java-Applet based game...

Started by
9 comments, last by Taharez 24 years ago
I just wanted to get some feedback about the graphics and design of my first game. Please note that this version is only for evaluation, as I haven''t done any real gameplay design yet. You can play it here: http://it.hule.harryda.se/itda98c/larrin/Space/index.html Thanks!
Advertisement
It''s a bit slow (maybe just my browser) but I spose that''s the price for a game in an applet.

If weapons 2 & 3 didn''t fire in dark purple it might be easier to see the missiles.

Pretty good! My ship couldn''t move out very far to the side, or maybe it didn''t respond fast enough? I''m not sure, looks prettyu good though!

Guardian Angel Interactive
Thanks for taking a look, guys! And yes, it is quite slow, as it is written in Java and the Applet-interface isn''t the quickest in the world...
Anyway, I hope to learn enough C++ to port it, but it''ll probably take a while, and I''m working on another project that sort of has priority...
HAHAHA KEWL MAN
Your game kicks arse through my two play arkanoid.
good game, but i can''t see whats shooting at me. The enemies are a shade lighter than black on my screen.

If all these errors are so fatal, why am I still alive?
If all these errors are so fatal, why am I still alive?
It ran great on mine. cool idea.

JoeMont001@aol.com
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
pretty kewl. enemies are a bit dark and it ran kinda slow, but i like it. i really like the way you did the energy and weapon meters.

good job,
david

--
davidw@heehaw.com
neonstar entertainment
--david@neonstar.netneonstar entertainment
It ran perfectly fine in terms of spped on my machine but the ship was as someone pointed out a few shaeds darker than black! He, he, he... anyhow make the enemy ship more visible...
- Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949
It ran perfectly fine in terms of spped on my machine but the ship was as someone pointed out a few shaeds darker than black! He, he, he... anyhow make the enemy ship more visible...
- Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement