🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

test my game....

Started by
3 comments, last by sebastian 24 years ago
hello, could you check my little game? the link: http://sebastian_posch.tripod.com/2505.zip thanks in advance, sebastian
--->Back to coding!<---
Advertisement
It''s okay.
Runs in 640x480 >80 fps VooDooII

Some tips:
- The gameplay should improve, hitting the gas isn''t really all that well implemented.
- There is a sound bug, if I hit a side of the road, the car stops, but you keep hearing the "bump-sound" over and over again.
- I''d use some other flare, this doesn''t look all that realistic, but that''s more a mather of taste maybe.

But other than that, I wouldn''t be able to make such a game

Bye
hi,
thanks for your reply!

hehe: i know, the driving stuff is not too realistic, but good enough for now
you are right, the sound keeps going even when you stand still on the wall

driving at 80 fps is no fun anymore, isnt it??? :-)

thanx a lot,
sebastian

EDIT:
yo, just to mention something...i wrote "i get ~65 fps" in the readme-file, but i get 2x more without vsync (never tried to disable it in the asus settings ?!?!?...)

Back to coding!

Edited by - sebastian on June 27, 2000 9:44:53 AM
--->Back to coding!<---
i managed to decrease the size of the files a little, ~700k now..

so please have a look if you dont mind

cheers,
sebastian

--->Back to coding!<---
--->Back to coding!<---
I dunno maybe your decrease wrecked it... It won''t work... (It''s the only program that I can''t get to work on my computer, I''ve run many if not all other demo''s posted here and othe NeHe tutorials on my machine fine I''ve got a Voodoo3 3000)
Sorry, update me if you want me to test it...
E-mail prefferably..
See ya,
Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement