🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Coder Wanted 4 UT2003 Mod

Started by
-1 comments, last by fineasfineas 20 years, 10 months ago
Hi, We are looking for coder/programmer for Napoleonic FPS mod. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks. I am acting as the Producer for a Napoleonic Era action adventure MOD which will be submitted to the Unreal MOD contest. It is titled The Devil''s Own and is at http://devilsown.ecatalogpages.com This is only a temp. working website. The website has information about the Napoleonic FPS being developed and the Links page has information about Epic''s big contest. Here are some thought about converting its game play to ours We will take the UT2K3 game modes and adapt them to our story and missions. Death match = a Duel between 2 gentlemen/soldiers ( read some where that by making target cursor fade in slowly we could approximate, the drawing of weapon and counting to 10 ) Team death match = small squads battle it out ( hope to have both foot and mounted game play if possible ) NOTE: You like challenges - then figure out how to design ( low poly count ) cavalry horse and animate it so we have a really unique game. I have looked but I have not found an adventure game were you get to ride animals. ( though I did find an old rodeo game ( model and animation are a joke ) and some childrens titles ) Capture the Flag = works great as capture the French Eagle, or the payroll box, capture the fair maiden, retrieve secret docs. Double Domination = In order to win the battle you must control the battle field ( take the artillery on the hill and the farm house ) Bombing Run = pick up the powder keg, or special grenade, and throw through enemy positions I have herd of game modes where you and your team must fight off enemy on slaughter. and that if you die during battle you must wait until the mission is over before you can rejoin. So you try harder to survive. Picture the French Old Guard against the thin red line. or an Infantry Square against cavalry charge. I do not know about making every one march in formation. That would probably be impractical and a little frustrating. May on certain team missions you are force to stay with in a certain distance of one another. Health = Food ( bread, fruit, beef jerky, ? ) make it fun I have heard of games with mini missions to catch your meal. Permission to leave the line to shoot a rabbit , catch the chicken could be a mini game in its self. Health pack = ( field doc or nurse helps you ) Maggie the maggot, and other fun stuff. Saw bones. Shield pack = Imagine a think leather or steel breast plate ( This is an opportunity for special , advance tech items, it may not have been used in actual battles but history shows that some one did think of it or tried to sell the idea. Well our "Q" branch has heard of these ideas and has secretly developed working versions. ) Double damage = They out lawed square bullets because they did too much damage to people. Adrenaline = Sugar cane, docs special mixtures. Keg o Health= Keg of rum, your daily ration of drink Any and all help is welcome We currently have over 10, 3D character models ( currently in Rogue Spear file format ) and an outline for game design and game play. This video game is a collaborative project for students, hobbyist and freelance game developers, who want to make a fun to play historical period game. By teaming up with others dedicated like yourself, we can create an amazing game. If you would like to help, then check out the website and send us an email. - fineas@prodigy.net If you or anyone you know, would like to help by donating 3D Models and/or Landscapes, which would work with an 1800''s Napoleonic Era action game, then please let me know. We need: -muskets -flint lock pistols -swords -full landscapes -more 3D character models - action animations for characters -fantastic / advanced animated weapons ( early revolver machine gun, rocket launcher, others ) - Animals ( plan to convert UT2K3 vehicles into rideable animals, fight on horse back ) - programmers, artist, writers, level designers, webmaster, promoters -- Sincerely James F St. Louis, MO fineas@prodigy.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement